Lewes Amnesty Group
Lewes Amnesty Group LIVE MEETING
(also having a go at streaming on ZOOM)
Lecture Room above the Town Hall
Thursday 10 March at 7pm
Officer reports (brief):
– David Burke, Secretary, and
– Adrian Briggs, the outgoing Treasurer.
Election of officers.
– Secretary, David Burke is happy to continue in post and is unopposed.
– Treasurer, Lesley Burgess has volunteered to take over from Adrian Briggs and is unopposed.
– Chair, The group has currently no Chair and no candidates have come forward.
Break with refreshments provided by Adrian and Linda
2. Future Activities
The pandemic understandably disrupted our normal pattern of meetings, talks and activities.
As we now emerge from the pandemic, hopefully, we thought it would be timely to have an open discussion about what the group would like to do in the coming year.
To this end we would like to encourage you, as local Amnesty supporters, to come and participate in this discussion.
The primary issues to consider are:
– the campaigns we should champion
– regular activities we should organise
– larger events to raise awareness or donations
It may well be that we continue with much of what we have done in recent years. But hopefully we will also be able to respond in imaginative and effective ways to the urgency of the many new human rights challenges around the world and within the UK.
Whatever we decide to do can only succeed with your support, enthusiasm and participation.